Apprenticeship Expansion Grant
The Apprenticeship Expansion Grant will provide up to $1,179,000 in grants to existing and emerging apprenticeship programs across Indiana. Funds will be given to programs that engage industry and other partners to expand apprenticeships to new non-traditional sectors and new populations, identify ways to promote and advance greater inclusion and diversity in apprenticeships and/or create or expand pre-apprenticeship programs for both youth and adults.
Existing and emerging apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs for sub-grant applicants should focus their work on:
- Engaging industry and other partners to expand the apprenticeship model of training to new non-traditional employment sectors and populations; and/or
- Development of innovative ways to incentivize employers to develop and offer apprenticeship programs; and/or
- Identifying ways to promote apprenticeships to underserved populations (e.g. women, minorities, graduating high school seniors) and advance greater inclusion and diversity in apprenticeships; and/or
- Creating or expanding pre-apprenticeship programs (for both high school aged youth and adults).
Eligible applicants are any education and workforce partners/organizations, not-for-profits, community based organizations and employers/companies. This list is not exhaustive and DWD welcomes all to apply.
|Release of RFA||November 14, 2016|
|Deadline to Submit Questions||November 21, 2016|
|Responses to Written Questions||November 30, 2016|
|Submission Due Date for Applications||December 12, 2016 by 4:00pm EST|
|Anticipated Notice of Award Date||TBD|
|Anticipated Grant Start Date||January 1, 2017|
|Anticipated Grant End Date||March 30, 2018|
- Apprenticeship Expansion Grant Guidelines
- Basic Requirements for Registered Apprenticeship
- Governor's Proclamation: National Apprenticeship Week
- Official Website: National Apprenticeship Week
DOL Apprenticeship Links
- DOL: Benefits for Employers
- DOL: Apprenticeship FAQs
- DOL: Apprenticeship Toolkit
- DOL: Find Apprenticeship Opportunities
Child Labor Laws
- Child Labor Laws
- School To Registered Apprenticeship (STRA) Guide
- Examples of Prohibited Occupations
Charles Reeves at email@example.com.