- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST
  • gibill
  • helpline_widget
  • vetorg_widget
  • VeteransServiceOffice_widget
  • welcomehome_widget

Indiana Department of Veterans' Affairs

DVA > Indiana Veterans Benefits and Applications > Applications/Forms Applications/Forms


When sending any applications to IDVA for eligibility verification please include;                   
1. The veteran's DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty).

2. The U.S. Department  of Veterans Affairs Disability Award Letter with the disability percentage noted on the letter.

3. If applying for the Tuition and Fee Exemption for the Child of a disabled wartime veteran a copy of the student's Birth Certificate/Adoption papers. AND the above documents.

4.  If applying for a Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plate please include the disability award letter that includes the break down of individual disabilities. (must be mobility disabilities as per IC 9-18-18-1).

5. If applying for Tuition and Fee Exemption for Purple Heart Recipients OR Purple Heart License Plates, send proof of award for the Purple Heart Medal. If noted on DD From 214 this is the only document needed.


Please DO NOT fax the instruction sheet(s) with your application. We only need the information page(s)

Below are the State Veteran Benefit Applications.  Click on the individual links to open the form.   Please fill in the form prior to printing.

Please send all Governor's Memorial Certificate requests to:
Indiana Veterans' Memorial Cemetery
1415 North Gate Road
Madison, IN 47250                                 
OR Fax to the cemetery at:  812-273-9221

Tuition and Fee Exemption Programs

Below, are the applications for Tuition and Fee Exemption programs for; Child of a Disabled veteran, Child of a Purple Heart Recipeint , Child of a former MIA/POW,  Purple Heart Receipients, and Former Students of the Indiana Soldiers and Sailors home. IDVA will determine eligiblity for the student to use this program based on Indiana Code and the veteran's service dates, the veteran's disability rating, Indiana residency requirement, and student's relationship to the veteran. The forms will be returned to the student for submission to the eligible university's financial aid department.  Please check with the school you are attending for the requirement of the submission of this application as they may vary. A new submission of this form may be required if the student changes campus, sits out 1 or more semesters, or is placed on academic probation.  If there are questions concerning semester hour usage, GPA, or anything other thatn eligibiltiy requirements, please consult the school(s) you have attended using this program. The student must also file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually by the federal deadline to remain qualified for the use of this program.
  Application for Tuition and  Fee  Exemption for a Child of a Disabled Veteran, Child of an Indiana Purple Heart Recipient, or Child of a Former POW/MIA (after January 1, 1960)  (veteran initially entered  service ON or BEFORE June 30, 2011

 If the Veteran initially  entered  service ON or AFTER July 1, 2011,  please contact the IDVA office for this form at 317-232-3910. THIS FORM IS NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE AS MOST OF THESE CHILDREN ARE NOT YET OLD ENOUGH TO ATTEND COLLEGE .

   Application forTuition and Fee Exemption  for Indiana Purple Heart Recipient

 Application for Remssion of Fees and Books for Former Students and/or Graduates of the Indiana Soldiers' and Sailors' Children's Home Morton Memorial High School
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Frequently Used Education Forms

    • 22-1990 -  Application for VA Education Benefits (8 pages) 
    • 22-1995 -  Request For Change of Program or Place of Training (3 pages)
    • 22-5490 -  Application For Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (6 pages)
    • 22-5495 -  Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (2 pages)
    • 22-1999e - Application for Family Member to Use Transferred

    School/Employer Training Forms

    22-1999 series
    These forms are only available to school officials with the exception of VAF 22-1999c which is for correspondence courses. The school must contact their VA Representative to receive forms in this series. A school official can obtain information at the VA Educational Website. Anyone can call toll free 1-888-442-4551 or visit the VA Education Home Page and get answers to their education questions.

    Other Frequently Used U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Forms

    • 21-526 Compensation and Pension Program Application
    • 21-530 Application for Burial Allowance
    • 26-1880 Home Loan Guarantee
    • 28-1900 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Application
    • 29-336 Insurance Designation of Beneficiary
    • SF 180 Request Pertaining to Military Records