Welcome to DOR's Appointments page! DOR looks foward to assisting customers in-person, by appointment only. Please note masks are required at the Indianapolis offices and the South Bend district offices due to local mandates. Masks are highly recommended at all other locations.
- Motor Carrier Services: customers may now schedule an in-person appointment at the Motor Carrier Services location in Indianapolis (masks required).
- District Office locations: customers may now schedule an in-person appointment with a customer service representative at any of the following DOR locations: Bloomington, Clarksville, Columbus, Evansville (masks required), Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Lafayette, Merrillville Muncie, South Bend (masks required) and Terre Haute.
- Indiana Government Center North, Indianapolis location: customers may schedule an in-person appointment with a customer service representative (masks required).
Call Us First!
Nearly all issues can be addressed by a simple phone call to our customer service experts. Customers are strongly encouraged to call DOR customer service before making an appointment, to see if their question(s) can be answered.
To find a DOR office near you, visit our District Office web page.
District Office Appointment Procedures
For in-person appointments at DOR District Offices, customers will need to remain in their car or designated lobby until their appointment time. A DOR representative will meet customers to allow them access to the building. Masks are highly recommended for all customers during their appointment, with the exception of the South Bend and Evansville offices, where masks are required due to local mandate. Visits should be limited to one person per appointment, if possible.
Indianapolis Office Appointment Procedures
For appointments at the Indiana Government Center North Indianapolis office, customers should arrive before their appointed time to allow extra time to get through security at the public entrances. Customers will call the designated phone number provided to them after scheduling their appointment and a DOR representative will meet them at security to escort them into the DOR lobby for their appointment time. Seating within the lobby will be limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Masks are required for all customers during their appointment. Visits should be limited to one person per appointment, if possible.
Motor Carrier Services Appointment Procedures
For appointments at DOR’s Motor Carrier Services (MCS) location in Indianapolis, customers should arrive by their appointed time, with all necessary documentation.
Customers are encouraged to limited transactions those which cannot be efficiently performed via telephone or online such as:
- Payments for transactions that could not be made over the telephone or online; and
- Picking up plates and decals that cannot otherwise be mailed.
When customers arrive for their scheduled appointment, they will be instructed to call the customer service phone number posted on the MCS entrance door or within their appointment confirmation, to let the MCS team know they have arrived. Masks are required for all customers during their appointment. Visits should be limited to one person per appointment, if possible.
Service kiosks located within the MCS customer service center are currently unavailable.
Customers who arrive at Motor Carrier Services without an appointment may experience longer than expected wait times and may be requested to make an appointment for some transaction types. Same-day appointments may not be available.
If customers are unable to answer their questions using DOR's website or if the service needed is not available by calling the customer service team, they can schedule an in-person appointment online through our appointment system or calling the DOR District Office directly.
Hours of Operation
- All DOR offices are open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., local time, except for state holidays.
Ensuring Employee and Customer Safety
To ensure the safety of both the customer and employee during all in-person appointments, and in accordance with the Indiana State Department of Health’s guidelines, DOR has implemented the following:
- All DOR locations with in-person customer service will have a glass or plastic partition between the customer and employee.
- Where possible, only every other customer service terminal will be in use to allow social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to both employees and customers.
- Employees will wear masks.
- Customers are highly encouraged to wear masks throughout the appointment.
- Appointments are limited to one person per appointment, when possible.
- Customer lobbies at all district offices will be closed to ensure social distancing. Customers will be escorted into the DOR office by an agency representative at the time of their scheduled appointment.
- Customers entering the Indiana Government Center North will need to check in with the receptionist inside the DOR lobby.
- Kiosks inside all locations will be limited due to social distancing restrictions, with offices only offering one self-service kiosk.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers should perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever or have you had a fever within the past week?
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you should go home and contact your healthcare provider.
- Check Your Refund
- INfreefile (Individual Income Tax)
- Tax Lien Balance Inquiry
- INtax (Business Taxes)
- Pay Electronically
- Make a Payment Plan
- Check Your Payment Status
- IFTA/MCFT Fuel Tax System
- IRP/BPR Processing
- OSW Permitting
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center