Welcome back to INfreefile! As a returning user, you know that you may qualify to file your state and federal taxes for free. However, if you received a promotion, raise or new job last year that affected your adjusted gross income (AGI) for the tax year, you may no longer be eligible.
Do I still qualify?
If your AGI is less than $69,000 for 2019, you may qualify for one or more of the vendor's offers below. Remember, each vendor has different criteria for free tax filing, so be sure to review each offer below to choose the best one for you.
Can I file for free using a vendor by going to their main website?
To access INfreefile offers, you need to access each vendor through this website. The links are specific to the INfreefile program. By entering through the vendor's main website, you may be charged a fee.
Vendors for the 2020 tax season are posted below, be sure to:
- Review the offers from the vendors listed below.
- If you think you qualify for one or more of them based on your 2019 income, select a vendor of your choice by clicking on its logo.
- Once you select your vendor, you will be redirected to the vendor's website to begin your return.
- It’s that simple!
- To ensure you can file both your federal and state return for free, access these free file products from this page.
- Please note, you will need to create a new account each year with the vendor to ensure a no-cost filing.
TaxSlayer would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your federal adjusted gross income is $69,000 or less and you are 51 years of age or younger.
The TaxSlayer freefile website must be accessed through the link above.
Online Taxes at OLT.com would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your federal adjusted gross income is between $14,000 and $66,000 regardless of age.
Active duty military with adjusted gross income of $66,000 or less also qualify.
The OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above.
If your AGI was $69,000 or less and can answer YES to one of these questions, you qualify to file with H&R Block Free File:
Free federal and state returns if, your adjusted gross income is $59,000 or less, and you are:
Free federal and state tax returns and tax extensions for:
Free federal and state returns to eligible Indiana taxpayers who meet the following requirements:
Additional No-Cost Filing Resources
NOTE: Credit Karma Tax is NOT a member of the Free File Alliance.
File your federal and state returns for free with Credit Karma Tax where it's easy to file and free for everybody.
- Check Your Refund
- INfreefile (Individual Income Tax)
- Tax Lien Balance Inquiry
- INtax (Business Taxes)
- Pay Electronically
- Make a Payment Plan
- Check Your Payment Status
- IFTA/MCFT Fuel Tax System
- IRP/BPR Processing
- OSW Permitting
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center