IN.gov - Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST
  • taxtalk_widget
  • tax_videolibrary_widget
  • transparency_widget

Indiana Department of Revenue

DOR > Tax Talk Blog > Got a Tax Bill? Got a Tax Bill?

June 19, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog

Approximately 3.1 million individual income tax returns are filed with Indiana every year. About 98 percent of Hoosiers pay their tax bills in full by the time they file, but that leaves 2 percent of taxpayers who do not. The department began issuing tax bills to the remaining 2 percent this week.

If your bill arrives and you are unable to pay the full amount due, you might be eligible for a payment plan.

Some things to know:

  • Your bill has to be $100 or more (if you owe less than $100, call 317-232-2165 to see if you qualify for a special-case payment arrangement).
  • You must pay 20 percent down.
  • You can take up to 12 months to pay (if you owe more than $500, you can extend that to 24 months).
  • Penalty and interest charges still apply.

To learn more about whether you are eligible for a payment plan or to pay your bill, please visit www.intaxpay.in.gov.


If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to feedback@dor.in.gov
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook   Twitter

Recent Posts

  • Estimated Tax Series Part 1: What Are Estimated Taxes?
    May 18, 2015

    If you have income not subject to withholding tax, or if you don’t have enough tax withheld from your income, you will need to make estimated tax payments if you wind up owing more than $1,000 to the state when you file your taxes. Read more...
  • Careers with DOR
    May 13, 2015

    If you're looking for a career in state government, the Indiana Department of Revenue might be the right place for you. Read more...

Archives

Full Archive...

Categories