Share Your Thoughts at the Annual Public Hearing
May 15, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
You are cordially invited to the Indiana Department of Revenue’s annual public hearing.
What’s in it for you? Well, for all those times you’ve had concerns or suggestions about how the department writes letters, sends billings, handles your refund, etc., etc., now is your chance to constructively tell us about it. You can share a compliment, too – if you would like.
When and Where
June 3, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. (EST), 8:30 (CST)
Indiana Government Center South, Conference Room 1
402 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204 (get map)
So, why do we hold the annual hearing? Two reasons:
- Back in 1989, the Indiana General Assembly passed the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights. Included within that law is a requirement for the Department of Revenue to hold an annual public hearing as part of an overall effort to be more responsive to the public’s questions and concerns.
- We want to do a better job, and to help us do that, we need your input.
In fact, we’re continually looking for ways to get your input. For instance, taxpayers can email their concerns or suggestions 24 hours a day, seven days a week to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can always contact us on Facebook and Twitter.
The annual hearing is a formal opportunity for your voice to be heard. But if driving to Indianapolis on a Tuesday morning to participate in the public hearing doesn’t work out with your schedule, you can still write us a letter that we will read aloud at the meeting. Send your letter to:
Indiana Department of Revenue
100 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- 2017 Annual Report Published
October 16, 2017
Are you interested in learning more about what we do at the Indiana Department of Revenue and what we are planning for the future? Read more...
- Struggling to pay your taxes? Taxpayer Advocate Office (TAO) is here to Help
October 11, 2017
Having troubles paying your taxes? We have the solution, the Taxpayer Advocate Office. Read more...
- Are you following #INDOR on social media?
September 27, 2017
- Tax Tips for Direct Sales Opportunities
September 20, 2017
- What Does the Customer Service Division Do?
September 06, 2017
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017