2014 Tax Season Offers Free, Online Federal and State Tax Filing
Jan. 31, 2014 – TaxTalk Blog
Tax season officially begins today! While weighing your tax filing options, consider the department’s free and easy filing service called Indiana free file (INfreefile).
Starting today Jan. 31, the department again offers INfreefile for qualified taxpayers to file both their federal AND state taxes online, for free. Taxpayers with an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $58,000 or less will qualify for this convenient program.
Last year, more than 119,000 taxpayers used INfreefile to file their Indiana taxes. However, nearly 1 million Hoosier taxpayers qualify to file taxes for free through INfreefile.
So, how can you use INfreefile this tax season?
- Visit www.freefile.dor.in.gov to see if you qualify for INfreefile based on the vendors’ options.
- If qualified, click the vendor of your choice.
- Complete the tax return online.
Really, it’s that easy. And if a free and easy tax season doesn’t sway your filing decision, consider the other benefits of INfreefile:
- Faster refunds—e-filers receive their refunds much faster, in 10 to 14 days. Paper filing can take 10 to 12 weeks.
- Get more or owe less— e-filing software may suggest credits and deductions you might not have known about.
- Better accuracy— electronic returns have a 2 percent error rate versus 20 percent for paper returns.
- Electronic banking—INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of tax owed.
- Efficient—taxpayers can file federal AND state returns together.
- Convenient —INfreefile is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Start your tax return today at www.freefile.dor.in.gov.
If you would like to submit a question or topic suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Back to School Credits and Deductions
August 23, 2017
Next to the holidays, back-to-school time can be the most expensive season for many Hoosier families. Luckily, Indiana offers a few education related deductions and credits to put money back in your pocket. Read more...
- Tax Help for Homeschoolers
August 16, 2017
August is back to school time for Hoosier students across the state. Although homeschoolers in Indiana are not required to follow a traditional school calendar, now is a good time to remind homeschool families about the state's homeschool tax deduction. Read more...
- The Indiana State Fair is in Full Swing
August 09, 2017
- What Do Our District Offices Do?
August 02, 2017
- Filing Past Year Tax Returns
July 27, 2017
- Reading Your Tax Bill
July 05, 2017
- Fireworks Public Safety Fee in Indiana
June 21, 2017