Taxpayers with 51 to 3,500 W-2s
If you are a business that issues between 51 and 3,500 W-2s in a calendar year, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Register for INtax at www.intax.in.gov/
Step 2: Once registered in INtax, upload a text file in the required format. To do this, you must do the following:
- Have a valid Indiana Taxpayer Identification number (TID) for each return.
- Have a text file in the prescribed SSA EFW2 format. See instructions in the Department’s W-2 Handbook.
- If you are a service provider, you must register all clients through INtax.
- Remember that each file has a limit of 3,500 W-2s.
You can find more information about uploading a bulk file at www.in.gov/dor/4002.htm
You can use INtax to manage your Indiana sales and withholding taxes online. It gives you 24/7 access to your business tax records and lets you file and pay online right up to the last minute. Many taxpayers currently using INtax are highly satisfied with it. In fact, 93 percent of INtax users recently surveyed said they would recommend INtax to others.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- File-It-Yourself Certified Software
- Certified Software for Service Providers
- New and Small Business Education Center
- Other Electronic Services
Phone: (317) 233-5656
Address: Electronic Filing Coordinator
Indiana Department of Revenue
100 North Senate Avenue, IGC N286
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2253