USDOT and UCR
Recent UCR Email Reminder – If you recently received an email from the Indiana Department of Revenue regarding your UCR registration and have already paid, please disregard the email. If you have not yet paid your fees, you can do so online or using a smart phone at www.ucr.in.gov.
Biennial Updates -- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires all entities under its jurisdiction to update their information every two years. You are required to provide this update every two years even if your company has not changed its information, has ceased interstate operations since the last update, or is no longer in business and you did not notify FMCSA. You now have a filing schedule when to update your MCS150 form: click here to see when you are scheduled to update your USDOT number.
The insurance and safety unit of MCS provides guidance and support for drivers and companies. Resources include information on obtaining a USDOT number, how to renew a USDOT number, federal marking requirements, Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), intrastate passenger or household goods authority details, federal operating authority, and insurance filing requirements.
For more information about USDOT and UCR, see the below resources, call (317) 615-7350, or e-mail MCS at IndianaSafety@dor.in.gov
General Information – USDOT & UCR
- Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)
- US DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Interstate)
- Intrastate US DOT Number/Indiana ID Number (Intrastate)
- Forms and Applications
- UCR, US DOT Numbers, Indiana ID Number and Indiana Operating Authority Checklist
- Indiana Intrastate Passenger & Household Goods Authority
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Important Notices
- U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT)
- Indiana Intrastate Passenger Authority
- Motor Carrier Insurance Coverage
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Passenger Carrier Resource Guide (FMCSA)
- Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division
- Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) System
- National Consumer Complaint Database
- Contact MCS