Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
Indiana Inns offers overnight lodging at some DNR properties. Call 260-833-2012 or 1-877-768-2928 or make reservations online. For information on camping, visit http://indianastateparks.reserveamerica.com/, or call 1-866-6campIN.
THE TENTH ANNUAL MIGHTY MISSISSINEWA TRIATHLON
Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016
4673 S. 625 E.
Peru, IN 46970
Mississinewa Lake is in north central Indiana, 65 miles north of Indianapolis, 65 miles northwest of Muncie, 65 miles east of Lafayette, and 65 miles southwest of Fort Wayne.
Triathlon will start at 8:30 a.m. EDT. The event will be preceded by a mandatory, 10-minute safety meeting at 7:50 a.m. and kids’ fun run at 8:10 a.m.
- Swim 500 yards in Mississinewa Lake.
- Bike 16.6 miles on lightly traveled scenic roads around the lake.
- Run 3.75 miles on Old Frances Slocum Trail Road and groomed trails.
- The event staging and parking areas will be at a beach shelter house.
Price and registration info:
- Individual: $50.
- Team: $115.
- Undergraduate students or triathletes age 20 and younger: $40.
- USAT membership is not required.
- Participation is limited to 400.
- Free t-shirt, can upgrade to 10th Anniversary Heavy Weight Long Sleeve Jerseys $25.00 online or get both by September 1.
Online registration is at http://mightymississinewatriathlon.itsyourrace.com/
- Online registration will close at noon, Sept. 8.
- Participants can register by mail before Sept. 4. Email lbrown@dnr.IN.gov for more information.
- Onsite registration is from 7 to 7:30 a.m., Sept. 10. Onsite registration costs an additional $10. Those registering onsite cannot use a credit card.
- Packet pickup is Sept. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., or Sept. 10, from 7 - 7:30 a.m.
Age or special divisions:
- Age-group divisions in five-year increments will receive first- through third-place awards. First-place winners will also select a prize for age and Clydesdale, Athena divisions.
- Teams will be given first- and second-place awards.
- Triathletes can also participate in the following special divisions: Elite (which makes them eligible for “overall race” winner grand prizes); Clydesdale (men 200 pounds and over); Athena (women 165 pounds and over). Racers that choose to compete in a special division, including Elite, will forfeit eligibility for an age-group prize.
- Only Elite racers will compete in the first wave. Individuals who want to compete for the overall winner placings must choose the Elite division with their registration or by emailing lbrown@dnr.IN.gov.M/li>
- Prizes and awards for first-, second-, and third- place overall winners will range from $50 to $150 retail value.
Contact information/race results:
- Location: Mississinewa Lake, 9 miles east of U.S. 31 on Miami Co. Rd. 500 S in Miami State Recreation Area.
- Phone: (765) 473-6528.
- Email: lbrown@dnr.IN.gov.
Race results will be posted at http://mightymississinewatriathlon.itsyourrace.com/
- Free Kids Fun Run ages 10 and under and ages 11-14, on-site registration, awards, ¼ mile on sidewalks and pavement near beach (up-hill run)
- Campsites, Camping Cabins, Boating, Skiing, Fishing, Trails, Disc Golf, Concessions all available – bring the family!
Head for the Hills Patoka Lake Triathlon
Head for the hills and race for the raptors. All proceeds from this event will support Patoka’s non-releasable birds of prey; a bald eagle, eastern screech owl and red-tailed hawk. With your help, we are able to support the lives of these non-releasable birds of prey used for our educational programming.
Saturday, August 20, 2015
Patoka Lake, 3084 N. Dillard Rd. Birdseye, IN 47513
- Swim 0.28 miles in Patoka Reservoir, begin and finish at the beach.
- Bike 12.8 miles on well paved roads around Patoka Reservoir.
- Run 3.1 miles through the woods on groomed gravel roads and well paved bike trail.
- Video of course (YouTube)
- Friday, Aug. 19
- Packet pickup - 8:30am - 8:00 pm at Patoka Lake Office
- Saturday, Aug. 20
- 6:30 -7:45 a.m. Onsite check-in and packet pickup, Patoka Lake beach.
- 7:50 a.m. Mandatory safety meeting.
- 8:30 a.m. Race start. EDT
Price and registration
- Individual Early Registration- $50 (Through June 30), $55 (July 1 – July. 31), late registration $65 (starting Aug. 1).
- Team: $120 year-round.
- Online registration ends Thursday, Aug. 18, 8:00 p.m. Register at http://headforthehillspatokalaketriathlon.itsyourrace.com/
- Register onsite Friday, Aug. 19, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Patoka Lake Office or on race day at the beach from 6:30 - 7:45 a.m.
- USAT Membership not required.
- Timing: Crossroads Events LLC
- Free t-shirt while supplies last if you register before Aug 1.
- Free event at 8:10 a.m. for ages 14 and under.
- Onsite registration & awards for this ¼ mile race on the paved bike trail (up-hill run) at the beach.
- Dana Reckelhoff, Race Director