ABOUT IMN | TAKE A CLASS | SPONSOR A CLASS
GRADUATES | VOLUNTEERS, FORMS & LINKS
Congratulations on your accomplishment! So what's next?
- Complete your volunteer service with a state, city or local natural resources agency. If you're not sure whether your plans for volunteer service will qualify, check with your course host.
- Provide proof to your course host that you have completed your volunteer service (either your volunteer record or a letter from your host/volunteer organization.)
- Your course host will pass along notification of your completed service to the state coordinator, who will issue your pin and your newsletter subscription. Make sure that your sponsor has your current address, phone number and email.
- Once your information is entered in our state database, you will be added to the IMN email listserv. This will keep you updated on the latest natural resource volunteer opportunities and programs throughout the state. A newsletter with great information is also emailed out quarterly. See the current IMN newsletter.
How to stay active with the IMN program
After you have become certified, you decide which category best fits you.
Certified Advanced IMN
- Pay an annual $10 administrative fee (as opposed to a one-time fee) by May 1.
- Volunteer 30 hours of volunteer time annually and complete 8 hours of education time annually (training/workshops presented by IMN Hosts, city/county/state parks, or other natural resources agency).
- Submit proof of the 38 hours to Jody Heaston (email@example.com) by December 20 of the current year. Include your hours, name, address, host name and class year, a brief description of where you did your volunteer time and education time. Include your name, current address, phone number and email.
- Certified Advanced IMNs that have completed these hours will receive an advanced pin and certificate for that year.
Certified Active IMN
- Pay an annual $10 administrative fee by May 1.
- Volunteer on own with no tracking or just stay connected with IMN info by reading the newsletter, visiting the website, etc., to retain active status in the program.
Certified Inactive IMN
- Certified following initial class with an initial $10 administrative fee and completion of initial volunteer hours.
- Choose not to pay the annual fee and not to remain active.
- Newsletter and other services discontinued after one year.
Annual administrative fee of $10 will be collected by May 1 of current year. This fee helps to maintain pins and certificates, newsletter notifications, listserv services, covering administrative costs, and supporting the IMN program. A reminder of this fee will be in the winter newsletters. NOTE: If the fee is sent in after the May 1 deadline add $5 for late fee.
Please send $10 fee along with your name, current address, phone number and email to (make checks payable to IMN):
Jody Heaston, IMN
Ouabache State Park
4930 E. State Road 201
Bluffton, IN 46714
Indiana Master Naturalist Annual Gathering
As a certified IMN, you are invited to the annual gathering of Indiana Master Naturalists. During this gathering, network with other IMN’s, attend some natural history programs and have fun!
Items to purchase
Patches and nametags are available to Certified Indiana Master Naturalists. To purchase a patch or nametag, you must complete your volunteer service and receive your IMN pin and certificate.
Patches are approximately 4 ½ inches long x 2 ½ inches wide and feature the IMN logo. They are provided to Certified IMN graduates at cost $4 each courtesy of St. Vincent’s Hospital Wilderness Medicine and EMT Program. To inquire about a patch, contact Jody Heaston (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not send money.
The nametags, which have the IMN logo, are produced by the IMN group in Allen County. The cost is $7.50 a nametag plus shipping. Nametags can be provided only to Certified IMN graduates. To inquire about a nametag, contact Jody Heaston (email@example.com). Please do not send money. Multiple orders are preferred for mailing purposes.
T-Shirts come in three colors, forrest green, sand or tan with either a white or black IMN logo on the left side. Sizes for shirts are S-M-L-XL-2XL. They are light weight and perfect to wear for volunteering. Click here for ordering information.