Monroe Lake Advisories
- FLOODING 4-17-2018: Due to recent heavy rainfall, the Paynetown Marina will open on May 1, 2018 at a temporary location in the non-electric campground. Campsites P17, P20, P22, P24 and P39 – P51 are temporarily closed through May 20, 2018 to accommodate the relocation of the marina. Additionally, the following sites have been temporarily closed due to flooding: 153, 154, 171, 172, B1 through B6, C1, C3, C5 and D1 through D3. Those customers with affected reservations will be contacted immediately to transfer or cancel their stays without penalties. Pine Grove and Allen’s Creek boat ramps are also currently closed. Boaters should use extreme caution due to heavy debris on the lake. Please check back for updates. .
- Warning: Black Vultures and Vehicle Damage
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE: Found in lakes year round. More information.
Upcoming Events at Monroe Lake
Paynetown SRA, Fairfax SRA, Allen's Creek SRA, Cutright SRA, Moore's Creek SRA, Salt Creek SRA, Pine Grove SRA, Crooked Creek SRA
23,952 acres - 10,750-acres lake
Water safety matters! If you use one of our big reservoirs for swimming, fishing, boating or skiing, check out Bobber the Water Dog, brought to you by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Boating / 9 Launch Ramps
- Fishing / Ice Fishing
- Fishing Piers
- Fourwinds Resort & Marina
- Gas Dock
- Hunting (Waterfowl Hunts)
- Interpretive Naturalist Services
- Nature Center
- Picnicking / Shelterhouse (Shelter Reservations)
- Rental - Fishing Boats, Pontoons
- Swimming / 2 Beaches (Policy)
Camping - See campground maps under MAPS tab
- Electric / 226 sites
- Non-electric / 94 sites
- Camp Store (Seasonal)
- Dumping Station
DESCRIPTION OF HIKING TRAILS
Note: For trail locations, view the property map under the MAPS tab.
BlueBird Trail (1.25 miles) Moderate—Forest and field trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Tree Trek Trail (0.5 mile) Easy—Forest Ecosystem interpretive trail in Paynetown State Recreation Area.
Turkey Trot Trail (1.75 miles) MODERATE—Hike- In/Boat-In Camping Area in Allen’s Creek State Recreation Area.
Whitetail Trail (1 mile) MODERATE—Access trail for walk-in visitors at Paynetown State Recreation Area.
PLEASE STAY ON MARKED TRAILS.