Coastal Program Grants
The Lake Michigan Coastal Program is awarded approximately $600,000.00 per year from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Office for Coastal Management for the administration of our pass-through grant program. Work done in partnership with the LMCP must further the mission of the Lake Michigan Coastal Program, which is to protect and enhance natural, cultural, and historical coastal resources, and to foster coordination and partnerships among local, state, and federal agencies and local organizations. The LMCP provides guidance, advice, partnership and support, as well as financial resources to municipal, county, and state government agencies and other organizations working within the coastal region.
Lake Michigan Coastal Grant funding is available to communities and organizations seeking out social, economic, and environmental solutions that promote partnerships and balance the use and protection of the Lake Michigan coast’s valuable, yet fragile, resources. Eligible grant applicants include municipalities, county parks, educational institutions, planning and development agencies, soil and water conservation districts, transit agencies, marinas, and some non-profits. If your agency or organization is interested in applying, it is strongly advised you communicate with the LMCP Grant Specialist about your project to ensure eligibility, and that it keeps with the mission and goals of our program.
LMCP Grant Specialist
- Past Grants
- LMCP Grant Project Information Fact Sheets
- 2017 Project Summaries
- 2016 Project Summaries
- 2015 Project Summaries
- 2014 Project Summaries
- 2013 Project Summaries
- 2012 Project Summaries
- 2011 Project Summaries
- 2010 Project Summaries
- 2009 Project Summaries
- 2008 Project Summaries
- 2007 Project Summaries
- 2006 Project Summaries
- Indiana Coastal Grant Project Summaries (2003 - 2006)
The map below displays a sample of Lake Michigan Coastal Grants between the years 2003 and 2010 ranging from Low Cost Construction to Education/Outreach project types. While numerous grants are awarded each year, it's helpful to have a visual connection with the project locations and types in the coastal region.
The map will be updated as additional grant projects are identified. To learn more about a report location, zoom in or out by using the menu in the upper left corner. Click on the project dot to see attributes as well access to each fact sheet.
- Applying For Grants
- Current Grantees
- Small Grants
- Small Grant Guidance
- Small Grants Request For Proposals for July 2018 Funding Cycle
- The Funding Source Matrix is a compilation of more than 100 different government and private grant programs, in spreadsheet format. It includes the basic vital information about each grant program, such as eligibility, subject area, matching fund requirements, and a link to the program’s webpage.
- Grant Programs Timelines promote better planning, by enabling funding-seekers to see what dates throughout the year that the various grant programs will be releasing RFPs, as well as due dates for grant proposals. The intent is to prevent last minute scrambles to submit proposals.
- Government Grant Capacity Building Workshops cover basic principles which apply across all grant programs, such as matching funds, federally negotiated indirect rates, developing budgets, and designing projects. It also includes advice on such grant proposal writing skills as how to describe your project effectively, and quantifying appropriate work products.
The LMCP Grant Specialist currently offers technical assistance to help funding-seekers identify appropriate grant programs for their projects, review proposals for other grant programs and offer suggestions for improvement. These proposed projects, however, must be in line with the mission and goals of the Lake Michigan Coastal Program.
- Indiana Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- EPA Calculator
- American Academic Standards
- Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972
- Federal Appraisal Standards
- 2018-19 Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP)
- Nature Preserve Management Template
- Conservation Easement Process Guidance - Coming soon.
- SHPO requirements - Coming soon.
- Extenstion request form - Coming soon.
- Rebudget request form - Coming soon.
- Data Sharing Plan
- Contract Language - Coming soon.
- Grantee Events - Coming soon.
- Financial Information - Coming soon.
- Contracting Information - Coming soon.