- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

  • Business & Agriculture
  • Residents
  • Government
  • Education
  • Taxes & Finance
  • Visiting & Playing
  • Family & Health

Indiana Department of Natural Resources

Forestry > Grants & Help > Best Management Practices > Forestry BMP's > Cost-Share Program Cost-Share Program

What are the programs?

Environmental Quality Incentive Program (EQIP)
EQIP provides assistance to farmers and ranchers who face threats to soil,
water, air, and related natural resources on their land. The goal is to promote
agricultural production while maximizing environmental quality. Various forest
restoration activities are eligible for this program.
For more information, go to

Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)
Through CRP, you can receive annual rental payments and cost share
assistance to establish new forests and conservation covers on eligible farmland.
Participants enroll in CRP contracts for 10 to 15 years.
For more information, go to

Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP)
WHIP encourages the creation of habitats that will benefit locally significant
wildlife populations. The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
provides technical and financial assistance to landowners to control invasive
plant species and to develop upland, wetland, riparian, and aquatic habitat areas
on their properties.
For more information, go to

Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
CREP is a voluntary land retirement program that helps agricultural producers
protect environmentally sensitive land, decrease erosion, restore forests and
wildlife habitat, and safeguard ground and surface water through cost sharing
restoration work and crop rental payments.
For more information, go to 

Wetland Reserve Program (WRP)
WRP offers landowners the opportunity to protect, restore, and enhance
wetlands on their properties including restoration of bottomland forests. The
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides technical and
financial support to help landowners with their wetland restoration efforts.
For more information, go to

For more information about any aspect of managing your woodlands,
contact your District Forester or the Division of Forestry at 317-232-4105.
For specific cost share questions, contact the appropriate agency listed above.

Revised 12-2-14