Division of Forestry Calendar of Events
DNR Calendar of Events
Special notices and advisories for Indiana State Forests
Clark State Forest
Deam Lake State Recreation Area
- The Deam Lake HORSE DAY RIDE PARKING AREA will be closed Jan. 15 through approximately April 1, 2016 for culvert replacement and road work on the main Deam Lake Road. During this time, the day ride parking area will be moved to the Forest Education Center parking lot across from the Deam Lake office. Riders and trail users can access the trail system from that location by following the gravel firelane on the north side of the Deam Lake office, which joins the trail system approximately 1/4 mile near the water tower.
- NOTICE: The Forest Education Center is currently closed due to construction. To schedule a program for your family or organization, please contact our Naturalist at (812)246-5421.
- Suicide Hill Closure
- Wildlife Loop Trail Closure
- Beginner Loop Horse Trail and surrounding area closure
Ferdinand State Forest
Greene-Sullivan State Forest
Harrison-Crawford State Forest
- Access to several sections of the Wyandotte Cave Horse Trail are temporarily restricted due to a timber harvest and related activities. For more information feel free to call the office of Harrison-Crawford State Forest at (812) 738-7694.
Jackson-Washington State Forest
- NOTICE: Jackson-Washington State Forest Museum Shelterhouse will not be available for use beginning Sept. 3 due to scheduled renovations. The shelter is expected to re-open in spring 2015.
Martin State Forest
Morgan-Monroe State Forest
Owen-Putnam State Forest
Pike State Forest
Salamonie River State Forest
Selmier State Forest
- Starve Hollow Lake has been lowered for the winter and the back portion of the campground has been closed to accommodate a lake dredging project. The Lake will return to full pool and the closed portion of the campground will reopen in March 2016. Most electric and all non-electric sites will remain open.
Yellowwood State Forest