Agency/Property Tax Rules
Market Segmentation Analysis LSA #17-173
Subject Matter: Adds 50 IAC 30 to establish procedures for conducting a market segmentation analysis for the assessment of real property improvements.
Comments may be sent to the following address:
Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave, Room N 1058B
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Comments may also be sent by e-mail to David Marusarz, deputy general counsel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The agency will welcome comments from the public concerning this rule until prior to the adoption of this rule by the DLGF. The DLGF will specify at a later date the date and time for when written comments are due.
Timetable for action:
- The Notice of Intent to Adopt the Rule was published in the Indiana Register on March 29, 2017.
- The Proposed Rule and Notice of Public Hearing was published in the Indiana Register on June 14, 2017.
- The Notice of Public Hearing was published in the Indianapolis Star on June 14, 2017.
- Subsequently, a public hearing will be held with public comments. The public hearing will be held on July 24, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Conference Room C of the Indiana Government Center South, 302 W. Washington Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204.
- After written comments have been received and considered, the DLGF will hold a hearing to adopt the final rule.
- The DLGF will then prepare an official packet to submit to the Attorney General’s Office for review. The Attorney General’s Office has 45 days to review.
- After approval by the Attorney General’s Office, the rule will then be forwarded to the Governor’s Office for approval. The Governor has up to 30 days after receipt to review.
- The rule is expected to become effective January 1, 2018.
- This timeline may change during the rulemaking process and will be updated as needed.