1. If you are ready to apply online please have the following information ready:
- Information about the owner/applicant;
- Email address for the owner, designer, local building official, and local fire official in the location to which the application applies;
- Information about project;
- Information about designer (if project has a designer);
- Information about submitter (if owner is not the submitter) including email address;
- Information about the variance requested (code, section, etc.); NOTE: IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A VARIANCE FROM ANY OF THE 2014 CODES. THE 2014 CODES ARE NOT YET PART OF THE DROP DOWN LIST, SO PLEASE USE “OTHER” FROM THE DROP-DOWN LIST. ALSO, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE CODE AS WELL AS THE SECTION NUMBER IN THE PART OF THE APPLICATION THAT’S LABELED “SPECIFIC CODE SECTION”.
- Electronic copies of project plans and other supporting documents (Need to be uploaded to IDHS web site during application process);
- Credit card for making the payment.
2. Other important information to consider when you are filing this application:
- Keep all the information at hand when filing. If the web application times you out you will have to re-type all the information.
- If you have questions regarding the Application Process, please contact Beth Sutor or Cecilia Ernstes.
- You will have to pay instant access and credit card fees besides the normal fees to use this service.
- If you experience technical difficulties using the application contact DfbsDatabase@dhs.in.gov for assistance.
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIANCE
Search, View, and Print Variance Information