- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Amber Alert
Amber Alert - TEST
  • smokeAlarms
  • NTAS_widget
  • map_widget
  • state-that-works_widget

Indiana Department of Homeland Security

IDHS > About IDHS > Fire & Building Safety / Services > Building Safety & Services > Building Plan Review > New PR FAQ > Question 13 Question 13

We are going to replace our 100-ampere breaker panel with a 200-ampere panel. Must we obtain a design release for this work?


Probably not. Replacement in the same location of electrical equipment or devices with those
of a similar type and rating including an increase in current capacity in nonhazardous areas
where there is no change in voltage or phases does not require a design
release - (reference 675 IAC 12-6-4 (b)(3)(A) on page 27).

For all other general questions call 317-232-6422