Filing Plans for Review
To check on the status of your project - CLICK HERE
Electronic Filing Information - CLICK HERE
Fire Suppression System Filing Information - CLICK HERE
- To determine if your project may be exempt from filing with the State, please send an email to IDHS plan review staff at email@example.com. Please give a detailed description of work to be performed as well as City and County.
- If you wish to have your project expedited, please contact IDHS plan review staff at 317-232-6422. Please be aware that there is a $5000 fee for expediting a project. Thank you for your patience.
The Plan Review staff reviews plans for construction and alteration of Class I structures for compliance with applicable adopted codes and standards, and prepares design releases for approval by the State Fire Marshal. Three main programs are included in this process: project filing, review and release documentation.
The Fire and Building Safety Division will only accept VISA Credit Cards for those applications that are filed on-line from our web site. VISA Credit Cards will NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED for a fax or walk-in customer.
- 2010 Indiana Energy Conservation Code Information
Interpretation of 675 IAC 14-4.3 (Indiana Residential Code, 2005 edition).
- Code Book Information
- Administrative Reviews
- Indiana Administrative Code
- DBC/Local Building Officials List for the State of Indiana
If You Have Questions
- Telephone Assistance Numbers
- Plan Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Plan Review Downloadable Applications