Counter-Terrorism and Security Council
The mission of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Council (CTASC) is to develop and implement a comprehensive state strategy to address terrorism in Indiana. The Council shall do the following:
(1) Develop a strategy in concert with the department to enhance the state's capacity to prevent and respond to terrorism.
(2) Develop a counterterrorism plan in conjunction with relevant state agencies, including a comprehensive needs assessment.
(3) Review each year and update when necessary the plan developed under subdivision (2).
(4) Develop in concert with the department a counterterrorism curriculum for use in basic police training and for advanced in-service training of veteran law enforcement officers.
(5) Develop affiliates of the council to coordinate local efforts and serve as the point of contact for the council and the United States Department of Homeland Security.
(6) Develop a plan for sharing intelligence information across multiple federal, state, and local law enforcement and homeland security agencies.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Indiana State Library
Author's Room 203
General Session - 10:00 a.m.
Suzanne Crouch, Lieutenant Governor, Chair of Council
Bryan Langley, Executive Director, Indiana Department of Homeland Security,
Director of the Council
Douglas Carter, Superintendent, Indiana State Police Department
Courtney Carr, Adjutant General, Military Department of Indiana (National Guard)
Kristina Box, MD, FACOG, State Health Commissioner, Indiana State Department of Health
Bruno Pigott, Commissioner, Indiana Dept. of Environmental Management
Bruce Kettler, Director, Indiana State Department of Agriculture
Jim Atterholt, Chairman, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
Joe McGuinness, Commissioner, Indiana Department of Transportation,
David Murtaugh, Director, Indiana Criminal Justice Institute
Mark Bowen, Sheriff, Indiana Sheriff's Association
Peter Lacy, Commissioner, Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Cameron Clark, Director, Indiana Department of Natural Resources
Dr. Bret Marsh, State Veterinarian, Indiana Board of Animal Health
Dewand Neely, Indiana Office of Technology
Judge Edward Najam, Indiana Court of Appeals
Michael Crider, Senator
Edmond Soliday , Representative
Josh Minkler, U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Indiana
Thomas Kirsch, U.S. Attorney, Northern District of Indiana