Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.
The mission of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Council (CTASC) is to develop and implement a comprehensive state strategy to address terrorism in Indiana. The Council shall do the following:
(1) Develop a strategy in concert with the department to enhance the state's capacity to prevent and respond to terrorism.
(2) Develop a counterterrorism plan in conjunction with relevant state agencies, including a comprehensive needs assessment.
(3) Review each year and update when necessary the plan developed under subdivision (2).
(4) Develop in concert with the department a counterterrorism curriculum for use in basic police training and for advanced in-service training of veteran law enforcement officers.
(5) Develop affiliates of the council to coordinate local efforts and serve as the point of contact for the council and the United States Department of Homeland Security.
(6) Develop a plan for sharing intelligence information across multiple federal, state, and local law enforcement and homeland security agencies.
The July 2, 2014 meeting has been cancelled.
Next Regular Meeting - 10:30 a.m.
August 6, 2014
Indiana State Fairgrounds
Farm Bureau Banquet Hall
Sue Ellspermann, Lieutenant Governor, Chair of Council
John H. Hill, Executive Director, Indiana Department of Homeland Security,
Director of the Council
Douglas Carter, Superintendent, Indiana State Police Department
R. Martin Umbarger, Adjutant General, Military Department of Indiana (National Guard)
Dr. William C. VanNess II, State Health Commissioner, Indiana State Department of Health
Thomas Easterly, Commissioner, Indiana Dept. of Environmental Management
Ted McKinney, Director, Indiana State Department of Agriculture
Jim Atterholt, Chairman, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
Karl Browning , Commissioner, Indiana Department of Transportation,
Mary Allen, Executive Director, Indiana Criminal Justice Institute
Donald Snemis, Commissioner, Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
Dave Galloway, Sheriff, Hendricks County
Cameron Clark, Director, Indiana Department of Natural Resources
Dr. Bret Marsh, State Veterinarian, Indiana Board of Animal Health
Paul Baltzell, Indiana Office of Technology
Brent E. Dickson, Chief Justice, Indiana Supreme Court
Thomas Wyss, Senator
Edmond Soliday , Representative
Joseph Hogsett, U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Indiana
David Capp, U.S. Attorney, Northern District of Indiana