Consumer Awareness Quiz
1. Buying clubs are designed to help consumers compare prices at different stores.
2. The mail-order rule allows a person to cancel an order that is not shipped within a certain time period.
3. Layaway purchase plans are designed to help consumers buy items at discount prices.
4. The cooling-off period generally applies to purchases of $25 or more.
5. Most consumer complaints require legal action to solve.
6. The most reliable source of consumer information would be from:
an executive of the company.
a product label.
7. A buying club commonly:
requires a minimum purchase.
has a large initiation fee.
wants the members to encourage others to join.
only allows a few people in an area to be members.
8. The mail-order rule requires that companies:
notify customers if an item is not currently available.
only sell certain items by mail.
accept credit cards for mail-order purchases.
allow a person to return an item for full credit.
9. The right to cancel certain purchases of $25 or more within three business days is known as the (fill in the blank) rule.
10. The first step a person with a consumer complaint should take is to:
obtain legal assistance.
contact a consumer agency.
write to the headquarters of the company.
return to the place of purchase.
CONSUMER AWARENESS QUIZ ANSWERS
- a product label
- has a large initiation fee
- notify customer if an item is not currently available
- return to place of purchase