Licensed Foster Parent Resources
Alternative In-Service Training hours are available to assist foster parents in meeting the annual in-service training requirements.
In addition, foster parent support groups are available in your county of residence. These meetings provide support and information related to foster parenting, and fulfill a portion of the annual in-service training requirements.
Foster Parent Liability Insurance:
Nationally-based online resources and communities are also available to foster parents:
Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) Title 465, Article 2, Rule 1.5, Licensing of Foster Family Homes for Children.
- 2017 Foster Parent Per Diem Letter
- Foster Care Per Diem Invoice Total Checker -- 2017 Rates
- KidTraks Birthday & Holiday Allowance (aka Special Occasion Allowance)
- KidTraks Initial Clothing and Personal Items Allotment
- KidTraks Per Diem
- KidTraks Personal Allowance
- Resource Parent Paper Invoicing Guidelines
- 2013 Foster Parent Provider Manual
- Foster Parent Travel Invoice Instructions (effective 3/1/13)
- Foster Parent Travel Invoice SF54836
- Letter on School Textbook and Related Fees
- Guidance for Foster Parents on Common Errors on Claims/Invoices
- Link to KidTraks
- Standard Invoice - Claim for Support of Children (Excel format) State Form 28808/DCS0327
- KidTraks Vendor Portal User Agreement
- Data Assessment Registry Mental Health and Addiction System (DARMHA)
Information from the FSSA Mental Health and Addiction Division regarding the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) including CANS manuals, Glossary of Terms, DCS Policy regarding the CANS and CANS score sheets
- Licensed Foster Parent Resources Archive