You must be a registered user in order to enter an application into Egrants. Please allow yourself enough time to register in Egrants so that you can meet the deadline for submitting an application. Depending upon activity level, it can take several days to "complete" the registration process at ICJI.
In order to apply for funding through ICJI’s Egrants System, BOTH you and your agency MUST be registered. In addition, you must be assigned roles. This is a three-step process. Carefully read and follow the steps below in the order they are presented.
Step 1: Registering Your Agency
If your agency has never directly received funds from ICJI in the past, you will need to register your agency. To register your agency:
- Complete the Agency Registration Request Form.
- Upon completion, click on the Submit button to send via email or you can print the form and fax it to ICJI Egrants Support at (317) 232-4979.
- Allow several business hours for the agency registration process to be completed. If submitted (faxed) after 3:00 p.m., it may be the next business day before the agency registration process is completed.
Step 2: Registering Individuals
Once your agency is registered in Egrants, individuals that will enter information in Egrants, or be a contact for the proposed concept paper or application, MUST also register to use Egrants. Register by following the steps outlined in the Online Registration Quick Start Guide. The guide offers a step-by-step approach to guide you through the registration process.
Note: During the online Registration process, you will be asked to choose a User ID and a Password. After choosing a user ID and Password, please write them down and put them in a safe place for future reference. Egrants Support CANNOT TELL YOU YOUR PASSWORD; it is your responsibility to secure and remember it.
Please also note:
- The Project Director, Financial Officer and Primary Contact identified on the Main Summary page must be registered Egrants users and associated with your agency with at least one security role. Therefore each person to be named in the grant must complete steps 2 and 3 of this document before you can complete the application.
- Egrants requires that the Project Director, Financial Officer and the Primary Contact be at least two different individuals. The Project Director can also be the Primary Contact or the Financial Officer can also be the Primary Contact, however, the Project Director and Financial Officer cannot be the same person.
- These users must also have security access to the specific Grant ID number in order to access it. If the individual’s name does not appear in the dropdown list as a selection for the Project Director, Financial Officer or Primary Contact, then the individual is not a registered user with security access to the grant. To remedy this, the individual must register in Egrants to obtain a User ID and Password and/or obtain appropriate security to the specific grant.
Step 3: Assigning Roles
Once you and your agency are registered, roles can be assigned to you. Roles are required in order to complete various sections of the online application or concept paper.
- Carefully review the various types of roles available in the Egrants System and select the one(s) most appropriate for you. You may have more than one role. A description of the roles is available in the Security Roles Quick Start Guide.
- When you have decided on the roles appropriate for you, request the roles by completing the Security Roles Registration Request Form.
- When completed, click on the Submit button to send via email or print the form and fax it to ICJI Egrants Support at (317) 232-4979.
- Please allow several business hours for the requested roles to be assigned to you. If submitted (faxed) after 3:00 p.m., it may be the next business day before the role assignment process is completed.
- Once the roles have been assigned to you, you can begin working in Egrants.
After the requested roles are approved, you can apply for funding through Egrants.