Friday, November 9, 2012
UNIVERSITY PLACE CONFERENCE CENTER & HOTEL
850 W. Michigan St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Chair's Breakfast, with Dr. Nasser Paydar, Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer, Dean's Room, 2nd floor
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Working Session, Presidents' Room, 2nd floor
11:45 a.m. - 12:45p.m. Lunch, with Dr. Richard Ludwick, President, Independent Colleges of Indiana, Presidents' Room, 2nd floor
1:00 - 4:00 p.m. Commission Meeting, Room 137
PURPOSE: Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mision-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Completion: Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
Productivity: A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Quality: Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agenda
CHE Meeting Agenda
Full agenda booklet (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) view
Minutes of the October 2012 Commission Meeting view
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Program Review - Institutional Practices: A Panel Discussion view
- Dr. John Applegate, Executive Vice President for University Regional Affairs, Planning and Policy, Indiana University
- Dr. Jack Maynard, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Indiana State University
- Dr. Mary Ostrye, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Ivy Tech Community College
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Program
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication to be offered by Purdue University through the IUPUI campus view
- Capital Projects
- Administrative Item on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action view
- Indiana College Costs Estimator License Agreement Renewal
- Proposals for New Degree Programs, Schools, or Colleges Awaiting Commission Action view
- Requests for Degree Program Related Changes on Which Staff Have Taken Routine Staff Action view
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted view
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action view
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on Thursday, December 13, 2012 in Indianapolis.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective December 2012, the Commission will change its meeting days to Thursdays, based on the second Thursday of each month.
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided for the general public.)