Thursday, August 9, 2012
BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
1550 W. Riverside Ave.
Muncie, IN 47306
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Committee Meetings (public)
Academic Affairs & Quality, Room 174C
Student Success & Completion, Room 174A
5:15 - 5:45 p.m. Bus Tour of Campus
5:45 - 6:30 p.m. Reception, President Jo Ann Gora's Home
6:45 - 9:00 p.m. Dinner Working Session (public), Room 174C
Friday, August 10, 2012
BALL STATE UNIVERSITY
1400 W. Neely Ave.
Muncie, IN 47306
7:45 - 8:45 a.m. Morning Working Session (public), Room 110
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Commission Meeting (public), Room 105
12:00 p.m. Chair's Lunch, Commission meets with Mr. Hollis Hughes,
Chair of Ball State University's Board of Trustees
Reaching Higher, Achieving More calls for a system of higher education that is Student-Centered, Mision-Driven and Workforce-Aligned. The Commission's work will focus on three Challenges:
Students and the state are not well served by an empty promise of college access without completion.
A more productive higher education system will increase student success and safeguard college affordability.
Increasing college completion and productivity must not come at the expense of academic quality.
Working Session Agendas
CHE Meeting Agenda
Full agenda (Set up for 1-2 sided printing) link
Minutes of the June 2012 Commission Meeting link
THE PUBLIC SQUARE - DISCUSSION ITEMS
- The student perspective of Reaching Higher, Achieving More - Hannah Rozow, Student Member of the Commission
- Master Capital Plans for Purdue University Regional Campuses link
- Master Capital Plans for Ball State University link
- McKinley Commons - Ball State University link
RHAM DECISIONS AND OTHER DECISION ITEMS
- Academic Degree Programs
- Checklist of Criteria To Be Used by the Commission in Taking Action on New Degree Programs
- Academic Degree Programs on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Associate of Science in Pre-Engineering to be offered by Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette at Lafayette
- Certificate, Technical Certificate, and Associate of Applied Science in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) to be offered by Ivy Tech Community College-Richmond at Richmond and Sellersburg at Sellersburg
- Technical Certificate and Associate of Applied Science in Energy Technology to be offered by Ivy Tech Community College-Gary at Valparaiso; South Bend at South Bend; Fort Wayne at Fort Wayne; Muncie at Muncie; Terre Haute at Terre Haute; Indianapolis at Indianapolis; Evansville at Evansville; Sellersburg at Sellersburg; and Bloomington at Bloomington
- Technical Certificate in Advanced Manufacturing to be offered by Ivy Tech Community College-Gary at Gary, Valparaiso, and East Chicago; South Bend at South Bend and Warsaw; Fort Wayne at Fort Wayne; Lafayette at Lafayette; Kokomo at Kokomo and Logansport; Muncie at Muncie and Anderson; Terre Haute at Terre Haute; Indianapolis at Indianapolis; Richmond at Richmond and Connersville; Columbus at Columbus; Madison at Madison and Lawrenceburg; Evansville at Evansville; Sellersburg at Sellersburg; and Bloomington at Bloomington
- Capital Projects
- Wang Residence Hall Lease - Purdue University West Lafayette link
- Capital Project on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Purdue University Metering Installation
- Establishment of Indiana's Higher Education Performance Funding Formula and Repair and Rehabilitaion Formula Allocation for the 2013-15 Biennial Budget link
- Administrative Items on Which Staff Proposes Expedited Action link
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education's 2012-13 Operating Budget
- Indiana's Education Roundtable 2012-13 Memorandum of Understanding
- Update on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's): ICHE Work Plan, RHAM results
- Transfer Scorecard link
- Status of Active Requests for New Academic Degree Programs link
- Capital Improvement Projects on Which Staff Have Acted link
- Capital Improvement Projects Awaiting Action link
The next meeting of the Commission will be held on September 14, 2012 in Bloomington.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning in September 2012, the Commission will change to a one-day meeting format, still based on the second Friday of the month (with the exception of October 19). The Working Session will convene from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m., and the business meeting will convene from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. (local times).
** The Commission for Higher Education abides by the Indiana Open Door Law (Indiana Code 5-14-1.5). All business meetings are open to the public. (Meals will not be provided.)