Indiana Defunct Schools - Institutions that were accredited by the commission and have ceased operations. If you attended an institution in Indiana that was regulated by the Commission on Proprietary Education, your academic record may be available through the Indiana Commission for Public Records. Please access the form to request an academic transcript or view the list of defunct institutions by selecting the links below.
Institutions not regulated by the Commission - Institutions listed below are/were not regulated by the Commission on Proprietary Education. For information about these institutions, and how to obtain transcripts (if available), please contact the appropriate agency or organization.
- Elementary and Secondary Schools (through grade 12) - Please contact your local school corporation office or the Indiana Department of Education.
- GED Transcripts - Please contact diplomasender.com. You may email questions concerning obtaining a GED transcript to email@example.com.
- Bible Institutions and Colleges - Please contact the institution, Church or Diocese regarding institutional status and student records. In general, these institutions are not regulated by the Board for Proprietary Education. You may also check the list of defunct schools (link above) to verify if you think the institution may have been regulated.
- Indiana Public Colleges and Universities - Please contact the institution, as all of these remain in operation. The listing of institutios with their web addresses is available via the Indiana Commission for Higher Education.
- Indiana Private Colleges and Universities - Please contact the school. The listing of institutions with links to contact information and their web addresses is available via the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
- Office for Career and Tehnical Schools - The listing of institutions with links to contact information and their web address is available via Indiana Department of Workforce Developement Office for Career and Technical Schools
- Other Indiana proprietary institutions not regulated by the Board for Proprietary Education -
Cosmetology, Barber, Auctioneer, and Real Estate Institutions are regulated by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. Please contact the appropriate Board or Commission within that agency.