- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana State Board of Animal Health

BOAH > Dairy & Milk > Single Service Container Manufacturing > Export Certificate/Certificate of Free Sale Export Certificate/Certificate of Free Sale

Firms exporting products from Indiana are often asked by importing states, foreign customers or foreign governments to supply a "certificate" for products regulated by BOAH. The certificate is a document prepared by BOAH that contains information about a product that describes and or attests to product safety, production, processing methods or sanitation of processing plant. Before an export certificate can be issued, the exporting party must have a current Permit issued by BOAH and have a current inspection report on file without any outstanding critical orders. If the requirements are not satisfied BOAH will not issue a certificate.

No fee is charged by BOAH for this certificate.

BOAH requires a minimum of 3-5 business days after receiving a request for certificate for processing.

Export Certificate Guidelines

If you need to obtain certificates for products not manufactured in Indiana refer to the USDA certificate of free sale contact list at: