All ORVs and snowmobiles operated on Indiana public roadways must be registered and display valid ORV or snowmobile decals unless otherwise exempt.
The following are exempt from obtaining an Indiana registration:
- An ORV or snowmobile that is exclusively operated in a special event of limited duration that is conducted according to a prearranged schedule under a permit from the governmental unit having jurisdiction.
- An ORV or snowmobile registered in another state or country and being operated by a nonresident of Indiana for a period not to exceed twenty (20) days in one (1) year.
- An ORV or snowmobile that is being operated for purposes of testing or demonstration and on which dealer certificate numbers have been placed.
- An ORV or snowmobile that is owned or leased and used for official business by the state, a municipal corporation, or a volunteer fire department.
- An ORV or snowmobile operated for a period of thirty-one (31) days or less from the date of purchase. A Bill of Sale from a dealer or private individual must be in the operator’s possession and it must include the following information:
- Purchaser’s name and address
- Date of purchase
- Year, Make, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the off-road vehicle or snowmobile.
ORV and snowmobile registrations and decals can be ordered through myBMV or at any license branch. If a title is required for an ORV, the title must be applied for prior to registering online. You will receive your Certificate of Registration and decal within 14 days.
Out-of-State ORV / Snowmobile Operated in Indiana
Customers whose ORV or snowmobile is legally registered in another state but is operated on Indiana public roadways for more than twenty (20) days in one (1) year must register in Indiana and display Indiana decals on the ORV or snowmobile.
Registered ORV and snowmobile dealers may purchase temporary decals for testing and demonstration purposes by submitting:
Download the complete packet for the Dealer ORV/SN Registration Application
Mail the completed packet to:
Central Office Title Processing
100 North Senate Avenue, Room N417
Indianapolis, IN 46204