You may be eligible to renew your driver's license online now and avoid potential lines at the license branch. Persons who are not United States citizens (legal temporary or permanent residents) may only renew their driver’s license in a branch and only 30 days prior to expiration date.
You can renew your license online if you meet the following conditions:
- You have an operator's or chauffeur's license. Commercial driver’s licenses or public passenger chauffer licenses cannot be renewed online.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- There is no change in your name, address, or other information.
- Your license is not expired more than 180 days.
- You require no testing or medical certifications.
- You are within 12 months of your renewal date.
- You are under 75 years old.
- Your record does not have restrictions J or 2-9.
- J - Other
- 2 - Habitual Traffic Violator Conditional License
- 3 - Photo Exempt
- 5 - Conditional
- 6 - Interlock Ignition Device
- 7 - Seat Belt Exempt
- 8 - Medical Condition
- 9 - Temporary
- Your previous photo is on file.
- You are not suspended or invalidated.
- You do not have six or more active points on your driver record.
- No points on your current license, if you are under 21 years old. Proceed With Your Online Renewal
NOTE: On the next page, you must use your existing myBMV.com account or you will be asked to create a new account to renew online.
If you must visit a branch, here is a list of BMV locations.