BMV branches will operate special extended business hours for Election Day to issue photo identification for voting purposes.
Special Branch Hours
Monday, June 1, 2020
8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Appointments are not required during these special business hours and BMV Services are limited to new, amended, renewed, or replacement ID and driver’s license for voting purposes. Transaction availability is outlined below. Branch will resume all transactions by appointment only on Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
- Driver's License and Learner Permit
All required testing must be completed prior to 6/1/2020
- Identification Card
Transactions NOT Offered
- Central Verification Processing (CVP) / Foreign Nationals
- Knowledge or Driving Skills Exams
- All Title Transactions
- All Registration Transactions
- All Disability Placard Transactions
Free Identification Card
The BMV provides free, state-issued identification cards for voting purposes to U.S. citizens of voting age who do not have an Indiana driver’s license and who:
- Provide proper documentation; and
- Will be 18 years of age or older on June 2, 2020
In accordance with Indiana law, the BMV requires customers to provide proper documentation before obtaining a driver’s license or identification card. For documentation needed to obtain an Indiana license or ID for the first time please review requirements.