Make a Branch Appointment
We know your life is busy enough as it is, so the BMV has launched a branch reservation program to save you valuable time. It’s fast, secure, and easy to use. There are currently 73 branches that offer this service, including all of the state's busiest locations.
Once your appointment is confirmed, please print out the confirmation email and bring it with you to the license branch. Then, once you arrive at the license branch step up and speak with any branch employee. You do not need to take a number or wait.
When can I make a reservation?
You may make reservations anytime for appointments on Tuesday through Friday.
- Morning appointments are available every
half-hour from 8:45 a.m. through, and including, 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon appointments are available every half-hour from 1:30 p.m. through, and including, 4 p.m.
- Appointments may be made from two days to two weeks in advance.
What kind of transactions are available during a branch appointment?
Conduct up to five of the following transactions:
- Indiana driver license (renewals and amendments)
- Identification cards (renewals and amendments)
- Registrations for up to three Indiana vehicles
- Title for one Indiana vehicle OR one Indiana watercraft
Transactions not currently offered by appointment include:
- Written examinations
- Commercial driver licenses
- Initial driver licenses and identification cards
- Dealer plates
- Out-of-state registrations
Scheduling a driving skills test